The most common uses for static charging are:
- Temporary Pinning – Used on multiple sheets before the slitter/knife or permanent adhesion
- Roll Change Over – Eliminates the need for tape or glue, when material needs to be adhered to the new roll.
- Edge Pinning – Keeps the material in place while on the chill-roll. Prevents “neck-in” effect.
- In-mold Decorating – Keeps the label in position during molding process.
- Bindery – Helps hold inserts in place or keeps the catalog straight before trim.