Remove Particulates And Dust
Static electricity can attract potentially dangerous dust and particulates to equipment. The buildup of dust results in higher reject rates and can slow production processes down.
The most common uses for static charging are:
- Temporary Pinning – Used on multiple sheets before the slitter/knife or permanent adhesion
- Roll Change Over – Eliminates the need for tape or glue, when material needs to
- be adhered to the new roll.
- Edge Pinning – Keeps the material in place while on the chill-roll. Prevents “neck-in” effect.
- In-mold Decorating – Keeps the label in position during molding process.
- Bindery – Helps hold inserts in place or keeps the catalog straight before trim.