The Amiad Scanaway filter is great for large irrigation systems with a water source that contains a lot of debris. The Scanaway features semi-automatic flushing which allows the filter to be manually cleaned while the system is running.
The Scanaway assembly consists of a hollow PVC pipe with suction nozzles that face the inner surface of the screen. When you crank the external handle, it turns the scanner so that it spirals across the screen surface without touching it. Opening the exhaust valve on the filter lid creates low pressure in the scanner shaft, which causes the scanner nozzles to suck in the debris from the screen surface and expel it out the flush valve. The scanning is done during the filtering process without having to stop the water supply. This allows you to clean the filter while it is in operation. A convenient pop-up plugging indicator lets you know when the unit needs flushing.
- Semi-automatic cleaning feature
- 2" male pipe thread (MPT) inlet and outlet
- Includes durable stainless steel screen
- Filter Size: 2" MPT
- 200 Mesh
- Maximum pressure: 150 PSI
- Minimum pressure for flushing: 35 PSI
- Maximum flow: 80 gallons per minute (GPM)
- Minimum flow for flushing: 35 gallons per minute (GPM)
- Filtering area: 72 sq. in.