Vortec’s Panel Guards are a multi-function cabinet cooler used to control heat in a wide variety of enclosures. Where Traditional air conditioners are extremely expensive, and fans provide inadequate cooling capability, use a Vortex Panel Guard to protect sensitive equipment and prevent machine or line shut downs.
Panel guards are powered by compressed air, utilizing a vortex tube to generate cold air by separating the hot air. With no moving parts this reliable technology is equipped with a mechanical thermostat and UL certified. This unit produces 1,500 BTU’s of cooling capacity and is NEMA 4 rated.
- Thermostatically controlled to reduce operating cost
- No wiring required to install
- Mechanical thermostat maintain temperature between 80-90 deg F
- Maintains slight pressurization in the enclosure
- Cooling Capacity, BTU/hr: 1500
- Rating: NEMA 4
- Thermostat Option: Mechanical
- Noise: Standard 80 dBa
- Includes Filter & Ducting Kit: No
- Air Consumption, SCFM: 25
- Description: Panel Guard
- Compressed Air Inlet, inch, NPT: 1/4 female
Vortex cabinet coolers use an internal vortex tube to convert factory compressed air into a low pressure, cold air stream that is distributed throughout the cabinet. The chilled air stream creates a slight positive pressure inside the enclosure to prevent dirt or dust from entering – even in the most challenging environments. From small computer cabinets to large electrical panel boxes, vortex coolers offer efficient and reliable enclosure protection from heat and dirt related shutdowns.
We also offer vortex cooler ACs that can be used in hazardous (Class 1, Div 1 or 2; or a Class 2, Groups E, F or G) locations. Please see the “Vortex Cooler Brochure” below for more information.