106 / 206-RPS-L&H Surge Anticipating Relief Valve
The valve is mounted in a tee, downstream of the pump check valve(s). It is designed to anticipate surges to avoid the severe water hammer often associated with power failure surges.
The RPS-L&H pilot system is comprised of two pilots, the 81-RP and the 82-PR. Both pilots sense pressure through a connection to the header pipe. The 81-RP high pressure pilot opens the valve to relieve excess pressure. The model 82-PR low pressure pilot opens quickly on below normal pressures prior to the return of a surge wave, initiating the opening of the main valve in anticipation of the high pressure wave’s arrival.
- Protects against power failure surges or pressure waves caused by velocity changes
- Quick opening relief
- Easily adjustable pressure setting
- No electrical services required
Size and Flow:
- Size: 106-RPS-L&H 1/2" to 36". 206-RPS-L&H 3" to 40".
- Momentary Flow Rate: 106-RPS-L&H 470 to 124,700 GPM. 206-RPS-L&H 564 to 62,000 GPM.