106 / 206-EF-8837BX Excess Flow (Burst Control) Valve
The 106-EF-8837BX and 206-EF-8837BX excess flow valves are based on the 106-PT and 206-PT Double Chamber main valves. The valve is designed to shut-off tightly when flow exceeds a predetermined amount.
The 625-RPD pilot senses the pressure drop of the valve and closes the valve when the tripping flow is reached. Typical pressure drop at tripping is 5 psi / 0.35 bar.
Tripping flow is adjusted by limiting the valve opening with the X102 Stroke Limiter. 10 psi / 0.7 bar inlet pressure must be maintained at the valve inlet when the valve has tripped to prevent self re-setting. This valve closes fast and from a significant velocity. If the upstream pipe is longer than 2,000 ft /600 m, closing speed control should be included. When tripped (closed), this valve has a continuous exhaust of about 1 GPM / 0.063 L/sec to drain.
- Tight shut-off when flow exceeds a pre-determined amount
- Manual re-activation required after failure
- “Failure Signal” options available
Size and Flow:
- Size: 106-EF 3" to 10". 206-EF 3" to 12".
- Continuous Flow Rate: 106-EF 250 to 2,700 GPM. 206-EF 135 to 3,400 GPM.