With the e.z. barrier one-hour fire-rated enclosures can be installed in a fraction of the time that it would take to hand-build a sheetrock box . This model is compatible with in-wall speakers or LED / flat recessed lights.
You’ll reduce time and labor costs while ensuring compliance to building codes and diminishing the transfer of sound from one room to another. The enclosure confines fire, gas, smoke and heat in the enclosure for 60 minutes, preventing leakage through the assembly into duct work.
Enclosure only: speaker / light NOT included.
- Flanges: 5″ wide for easy mounting
- Material: Corrosion resistant metal
- Internal Dimensions: 13-1/2″ L x 13-1/2″ W x 3″ D
- Fits both 16″ and 24″ on-center applications; one size fits most fire-rated walls or ceilings
- Attaches quickly with drywall screws, saving time and labor
- Features 4 knockouts for wiring flexibility with easy access from any direction
- Protects in-wall speakers or ceiling flat LED lighting from harmful moisture and dirt
- Maintains vapor barrier integrity to meet “airtight” building codes
- Maintenance free
- Affixed directly to the structure
Meets One-Hour Fire-Rating Enclosure Codes:
- ASTM E119-05a
- UL 263
- UBC 7-1
- NFPA 251
- ANSI A2.1
- ULC S101