With the e.z. barrier one-hour fire-rated enclosures can be installed in a fraction of the time that it would take to hand-build a sheetrock box . This model is compatible with exhaust fans or fan / light combinations.
With four knockouts, you have easy access from any direction. You’ll reduce time and labor costs while ensuring compliance to building codes. The enclosure confines fire, gas, smoke and heat in the enclosure for 60 minutes, preventing leakage through the assembly into duct work.
Enclosure only: Fan / Light NOT included.
- Flanges: 2-5/8″ wide for easy mounting
- Material: Corrosion resistant metal
- Internal Dimensions: 19-3/4″ L x 11-3/4″ W x 9.3/8″ D
- Works with both exhaust fans and fan / light combinations.
- Fits 16″ and 24″ on-center applications
- Features 4 knockouts for wiring flexibility with easy access from any direction
- Fits 3″ and 4″ Ductwork
- Features intumescent material that helps maintain the acoustic integrity of the ceiling
- Maintains vapor barrier integrity to meet “airtight” building codes
- Maintenance free
- Affixed directly to the structure
Meets One-Hour Fire-Rating Enclosure Codes:
- ASTM E119-05a
- UL 263
- UBC 7-1
- NFPA 251
- ANSI A2.1
- ULC S101
- Certified by Omega Point Laboratories
- Certified by Intertek & Warnock Hersey