Type X Purging and Pressurization Systems
The 2000 Series type X purge system is for use in Class I, Division 1 to non-hazardous area applications or Class II, Division 1 to non-hazardous area applications. The Type X purging system is an automatic system that will purge + pressurize the protected enclosure & maintain pressure within the enclosure. The 2000 series system reduces the classification within the protected enclosure from Division 1 to non-hazardous. General-purpose equipment can be operated within the protected enclosure.
- UL, cUL & FM classified
- Conforms to NFPA 496 & ISA 12.4 standards
- Enclosure volumes to 450 cu.ft.
|Model||Type||Class||Enclosure Volume||Spec Sheet||IOM|
|2001A||Type X||Class 1, Div 1 to non-hazardous area applications||up to 2ft³|
|2001A||Type X||Class II, Div 1 to non-hazardous area applications||up to 10ft³|
|2001B||Type X||Class II, Div 1 to non-hazardous area applications||up to 50ft³|
|2001C||Type X||Class II, Div 1 to non-hazardous area applications||up to 250ft³|
|2002||Type X||Class 1, Div 1 to non-hazardous area applications||up to 15ft³|
|2003||Type X||Class 1, Div 1 to non-hazardous area applications||up to 75ft³|
|2004||Type X||Class 1, Div 1 to non-hazardous area applications||up to 200ft³|
|2005||Type X||Class 1, Div 1 to non-hazardous area applications||up to 450ft³|
The 6000 series has a 316L stainless steel, Type 4X , IP 66 housing that contains the controller, pneumatics, electrical I/O, and programming interface. Certified for use in North America, Europe, and Asia, this is your single solution for all your purge and pressurization applications.
The programming screen allows easy setup and operation and lets the user program the system according to the requirements of the application. The screen also displays information such as flow, pressure, and system status. The pressure and flow feedback is provided to the control unit by the vent.
- IECEx, ATEX, North America, IEC 61508
- Enclosure volume up to 250 ft3 (7.08 m3)
- Completely automatic
- Single unit certified for gas and dust atmospheres
- Vent can be mounted in any orientation
- Component kit available for easy integration of an existing enclosure
Type X Purging and Pressurization Systems reduce the classification within the protected enclosures from Division 1 to non-hazardous. These purge systems are fully automatic and perform critical purging, pressurization, and monitoring of an enclosure in a single dependable unit. This eliminates the guesswork of operation and increases the effectiveness of the system. It is designed in accordance with NFPA 496 and ISA 12.4 standards.
Type X systems operate by forcing air (or an inert gas) through the enclosure for a specified time until all of the hazardous gas is removed. This creates a positive pressure which is maintained by either a continuous or compensating flow of air through the enclosure. The positive pressure keeps hazardous gas outside of the enclosure. If the pressure inside the enclosure drops below a minimum value, the power switches off and the purge sequence begins again. When purchasing a purge system from ISC you also get our expertise and service.
Click the "Request FREE Quote" button or contact an enclosure cooling specialist at ISC Sales today to discuss which purge and pressurization system will work best for your application.
- Certified for Class I and Class II, Division I; Zone 1 / Zone 21 to non-hazardous
- LED display indicators programmable via user-interface
- Enclosure size up to 450 cubic feet
- EPCU (electronic power control unit) monitors system operation and controls enclosure power, and can accommodate intrinsic safety barriers.
- NFPA standard 496, ISA standard 12.4 and, on 6000 series only, certified to ATEX standards
- IEC 61508 SIL 2 with SIL 3 option